Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nothingness is not empty



The Void.

Nothing. Zero. Vacuum. I know most people think The Void is Infinite emptiness and don't get me wrong, it is infinitely empty, but it also most certainly contains more than that. Maybe you have found the correlation through quantum mechanics. It is the place where particles blink to when they are "out of existence". Well I like to imagine that The Void is The Nothing we all came from and will once again return to, faster than you can register and keep count of.
It is Nothing, and clearly Nothing is something. Unless due to ignorance you're using a placeholder notion of zero such as was used before humans learned that zero - nothing- was something quantifiable although we still aren't sure how exactly to quantify it. I mean we can have 72 sets of 0 which of course mathematically equals zero, but I just said there were 72 sets of nothing. I just quantified it. it is quantifiable. The fact is that the study of zero paved the way for the higher mathematics we have today. Now if only we understood a little bit more about zero and nothingness and the infinite void we'd be traveling the universe with ease, huh? We could possibly even reach the alien Protoss race that worships The Void. (starcraft 2 reference)


The idea of empty space, vacuum, the void has been pondered about for a very long time. Many have hypothesized that 99.9999% of what exists is hidden in the invisible fields and dark energies that ply The Void. I will give a quick overview of the more famous and relevant ones, let me know if I'm missing anything important.

Descartes and Newton both had the idea that empty space was not actually empty. Whereas Descartes offered no further hypothesis regarding what he thought was in The Void; Newton surmised, although not publicly but through letters written to friends such as Henry Oldenburn of the Royal Society, that the "fields of gravity and magnetism were actually composed of a medium called aether" Aristole and Plato both referred to Aether in their theories of the universe. Plato even named it the 5th element. Aristotle described it as having no physical properties such as dry, wet, cold, hot,
and that it moves in circles with no unnatural motion, and that it cannot change, except its location although Medieval scholastic philosophers granted aether changes of density. Plotinus described the Aether as penetrative and non-material. Even though the Aether theories became obsolete and fell out of scientific discussion due to special relativity, which ironically did not actually disprove aether. Einstein himself noted that his own model which replaced these Aether theories could itself be thought of as an aether, as it implied that the empty space between objects had its own properties. The Mathematics simply did not exist for the giants who have lent us their shoulders to stand on to see as far as we do now. Not that we can see much further. We are still discovering what is actually there in The Void. We are still trying to measure and quantify the "aether" that comprises the Void. We are no longer calling it Aether which is a shame because I think it is an awesome word. Recently, The "renegade" Physicist, Nassim Haramein, recently put forth his Holofractographic Universe Theory (part of his Grand Unification theory) which discusses the vacuum and what it is, the entire paper goes into detail but i couldn't find the full video anymore but here is a relevant excerpt along with a quick introduction and a brief  analysis of it. I believe it has some very interesting points, especially the "quantum vacuum density" bit. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swoX8iPTMRQ

Now as you can imagine, he has been met with a ton of criticism and skepticism. No matter what you believe is true or untrue, the real importance of all ideas put forth should be your unbiased consideration and logical processing of everything based on it's own merits regardless of what you *think* you already know definitively.  Look how long it took for global consciousness to be aware of the fact that the earth isn't flat.


This is all very interesting stuff to me, it reminds me of what I've learned about Geometry and its relation to every single thing in the Universe. But I'll into that some other time. For now I must leave and continue my journey and learn, experience and process more about everything and then I'll report back my thoughts, findings and hypothesis

Do good, be kind, Think critically and always be loving and caring.
You all have beautiful minds, have fun in there and love it; It's your home forever so make it a home, sweet home. By extension of that analogy, I hope you enjoyed the time in my home and thank you for sitting on my porch with me and listening to me ramble. If you have anything to add or comment, please do so, I would thoroughly enjoy it




No comments:

Post a Comment